Association of Language Companies (ALC)
Heavily volunteer managed, ALC was looking to move to an association management firm that could take them to the next level.
The Association of Language Companies (ALC) is a national trade association representing businesses that provide translation, interpretation, localization and language training services. Since MSP has managed ALC, we have streamlined processes, branded the organization, helped volunteers use their time more effectively and leadership plan more strategically.
- With a fully integrated database, MSP has set up systems to accurately and quickly track and monitor membership and educational program attendance
- Moved Board meetings from monthly to quarterly conference calls
- Created a brand throughout all communications for ALC
- Write and produce monthly electronic newsletter
- Market annual conference, membership and programs
- Facilitation of ALC's Industry Survey
- Survey membership, identify topics, manage speakers and host webinars
In one full year of management, we have brought all information current, updated and improved all systems, and increased membership by 16% and conference attendance by 38%.
What our clients are sayingLed by MSP, the Association of Language Companies (ALC) was able to transition from a volunteer-run organization into a staff-run one within six months.
— Marla Schulman
Immediate Past President, The Association of Language Companies